Tomorrow morning (insanely early, BTW!) is my 6-month post-transplant appointment at LifeLink. I haven't been there since September as I'm now under my "regular" nephrologist's care. I've been doing outstanding in the kidney department - with labs to prove it!
I need to remember to ask my transplant nephrologist about a few things:
1. I'm a little concerned about my on-going low serum calcium level, especially with my upcoming surgery in January and the effect it will have on my calcium level, too.
2. I also need to ask about the medications the newest GYN prescribed on Monday (should I take them or not?) My notion is 'no' I shouldn't be taking them.
3. Need to get the 'final approval' for the surgery - as in, should they do it now or later (as in 6 months from now). If you have no idea what I'm talking about (what? more surgery?) FYI I have to have a hysterectomy, and most likely an oophorectomy, on January 11, 2008. (Go back and read any posts with the word 'hoo-hoo' in it and you'll catch up...)
4. Find out if its really necessary for me to be on a 3/3 Prograf dose - I'm experiencing a LOT of side-effects.
5. Suggestions for my insomnia.
I think that about covers it. Thank goodness LifeLink (and the staff/doctors/nurses) has always made me feel comfortable and well cared-for. Otherwise I might be anxious about tomorrow's appointment.